Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager (GTM) is a great way to add Chatify widgets onto your website. Why? Because it allows you to add the Chatify code without having to edit the source code of your website.
Note: typically you will put GTM code on every page of your website, therefore it is only recommended you use GTM with Chatify Live Chat
Required: Google Tag Manager Account & Container
If you are reading this guide, we are assuming that you are already using Google Tag Manager. If you're not and wish to use Google Tag Manager to deploy Chatify Live Chat, then you will first need to create a Google Tag Manager Account and set-up a container. Brief instructions on how complete this are as follows:
GTM Account Setup
- Sign into your Google Account
- Open: tagmanager.google.com
- Click "Create Account"
- Name your account and click Continue.
Setting up a Container
After you click Continue, the next step is to set-up a Container.
A container is used to contain all your tags (GA, Adwords, Chatify Live Chat).
- Give the Container a Name and select "Web" to define where the container will be used.
- Click Create and Agree to the Terms.
- Next you will get a popup with the code snippet. Copy the code snippets and paste into every page of your site just below the opening tag.
After you have added the container code snippets to your website, you are ready to install Chatify Live Chat into the Container. Here's how to complete the install.
Installing Chatify Live Chat
Adding the Chatify Live Chat code using Google Tag Manager
- In your GTM Workspace, click the "Add a New Tag" option.
- A new window will slide open
- Click "Untitled Tag" and rename the tag "Chatify Live Chat"
- Next, click on Tag Configuration. From the Tag Type List, choose Custom HTML.
- Paste your Chatify Live Chat Code Snippet into the HTML container.
Note: Your Chatify Live Chat Code Snippet is available from the Chatify admin section. Go to your Chatify Community (yourteamname.pubble.io/admin). Click on Apps > Live Chat and copy the code snippet from the Deploy Code section.
- Scroll down to the Triggering section. Add a rule that will trigger on All Pages.
Note: If you are following these instructions to add a Live Q&A, Live Blog or Community QA app to your site, don't select "All Pages". Only define the page where the event is running.
Then click Save.
- Click Submit. You will be asked to name the changes and write a descriptive note.
- Click on Publish.
The widget code will now be deployed to your website